Customize your ThumbList for your gallery
This tutorial will show you how to customize your thumbList for your gallery and remove the rollover and click color effect.
- If you don’t see any difference, check the gallery on a white background
Let’s go and make this color effect disappear !
: Get the thumbList’s fla
- Go on Silex’s homepage (click on the image to go directly on the site)
- Select “Download” (click on the image to go directly on the site)
- Download the “Design Kit” (click on the image to download it directly)
When it’s done, go to the design kit directory, choose “skins”, “default_as2”, “Thumblist” and then the “Thumblist.fla”
: Modify your ThumbList with Flash
Note : for precautions, it’s better to save a copy of the original ThumbList.fla
- Open your ThumbList.fla in Flash
- Select the “ThumbCellRenderer” in the library
- In the scenario, select the bg_btn
- Select it on the stage too
- Choose the “Properties” toolbox
- In the “color effect”, choose the alpha style
- Put the alpha to zero
Name and export your .swf animation. It’s done !
: Integrate your new .swf in your Silex server
You can make the integration directly from your publication.
- Open your publication in edition mode
- Select the layer on wich one you want to add your gallery
- Click on “add component” and choose “Thumblist” in the list
- Click on the “+” (add skin appears on rollover)
- A pop-up opens ; browse into your files and choose your customized Thumblist (here named MyNewThumblist”
- A message “File upload complete” appears
- You can now choose your thumblist in the menu and click on “import”
- Your Thumblist appears on your components toolbox and you can now use it !
This tutorial is finished !