The 4th International Haxe Conference WWX2014 organized by Silex Labs took place from 23th to 26th may 2014 in Paris.Here is the video of Justin Donaldson’s speech at WWX2014.
Senior Developer, Salesforce.com, Inc.
Justin has been an active participant of the Haxe community since early 2007. He’s used Haxe in different projects through his Ph.D. studies, and at the various startups he has been a part of. His interest ranges from information visualization, to data analysis, to machine learning and recommender systems, along with a constant emphasis on mobile/web development techniques.
Promhx : Cross-platform Promises and Reactive Programming in Haxe
Promises and reactive programming are emerging as a way of managing complex asynchronous information flow while avoiding io blocks. This talk focuses on the nature and history of promises/reactive programming, and how Promhx brings these concepts together into a single framework. From managing asynchronous initialization steps, to providing ui interactions, to scheduling thread-bound workflows, Promhx provides an expressive way of managing the variety of issues that are common to single threaded, asynchronous application development.
We are sorry for the bad quality of this video, but we had some technical problems during the recording.
Other WWX2014 Videos
- Péter Sipos « Senior dev & Tech lead at Prezi »
- Nicolas Cannasse « One year of Haxe »
- Thomas Fétiveau « Development workflow with Cocktail and NME »
- Bruno Garcia « Flambe »
- Hugh Sanderson « C++ Magic »
- Jean-Baptiste Richardet “What’s your favorite Haxe IDE?”
- Juraj Kirchheim “Tinkerbell – Haxe on Wings”
- Justin Donaldson “Promhx : Cross-platform Promises and Reactive Programming in Haxe”
- Franco Ponticelli “Haxe for makers”
- Cauê Waneck “Unity3D on steroids”
- Todd Kulick “Shipping One Million Lines of Haxe to (Over) One Million Devices”
- Andreas Söderlund « DCI – How to get ahead in system architecture »
- Elliott Stoneham « Haxe as a compilation target for other languages »
- Alexandre Coulon
- Bastien Cantilhion de Lacouture
- Nicolas Masson
- Antonin Stephany
- Gregory Parodi