Here is the new dasboard, which shows up when you open Silex (try it here on editor.silex.me).
In the dashboard you can do these actions:
- Open an existing website, either by importing it from a cloud storage or by selecting it in the list of recent websites you have opened
- Select a « blank layout » help wanted, give a description
- Select a template and start adding your content in a pre-made, ready to use website
The Dashboard looks like this:
Here is the documentation on Silex building blocks: the different types of elements. You will notice a new element type, the section.
Sections make it possible to do the following
- header/footer pattern
- stripes layouts like in these great website designs
- hero images (see wikipedia definition of hero images here)
- websites with pages of different height
- rearrange content (move sections up/down with keyboard arrow keys)
A new template for the new version
There is a new template, here is how it looks and how to customize it: