Getting pragmatic developers started with Haxe
We’re all happy early adopters of Haxe and know that the quality of Haxe itself and the libraries is great and getting better. But if an “Average Programmer Joe” finds out he could use something called Haxe for his project, is he likely to pick it up? I’ll talk about the issues people are experiencing while starting to use Haxe and what we can do about them to help with Haxe adoption.
After a month in my first job as a web app developer I’ve decided there’s a better way to do it and spent all the afternoons of the second month rewriting the company application in Flex. And from the third month till now I’ve been mainly a Flex developer and Instructor and currently starting to teach some Haxe.
- Here are the other videos of the WWX
- Selling Haxe to clients and developers
Haxe 3 and 4 – Plans for World Domination by Nicolas Cannasse
- [Haxe/Java and Haxe/C#: Practical examples and implementation details by Cauê Waneck
[Vector Graphics in the browser with Haxe by Franco Ponticelli
- ](https://www.silexlabs.org/134056/the-blog/vector-graphics-in-the-browser-with-haxe/)- [Haxe macros
- meta-programming done right by Juraj Kirchheim](https://www.silexlabs.org/135331/the-blog/haxe-macros-meta-programming-done-right/)[