Note for HTML5-editor users: these instructions apply to you too, since it is based on Silex.
Become visible on the web!
Installing a Server Silex online is very simple: a simple copy and paste into a directory on your server and your choice of identifiers.No declaration of databases necessary for the proper functioning of a Silex server.
Installing a Server Silex online requires the following features in your server php 5 + FTP client + internet connection.
Or you can have one already installed here, at Arvixe. Then you will not have to follow all these steps, nor use any third party software.
Using an FTP client.
To transfer your Silex Server on your Web-hosting server you can use any FTP client, for example you can use FileZilla (client FTP open source).
- Download Silex or the HTML5-editor
- Unzip the archive using a decompression program for your operating system or using a free program like 7-zip
- Launch your FTP client and paste all the folders and files of the silex_server folder into a web accessible directory
Very important, this step adjusts access rights as necessary to use Silex.
Open your web browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari …) and enter the URL of your directory + install:
- Exemple 1 : http://nom.de.domaine.com/install
- Exemple 2 : http://nom.de.domaine.com/nom-du-répertoire-contenant-le-silex-serveur/install
Your login for the manager of administration and editing will be created in this step.
Log in Silex
Once installed on the server you can connect to the manager of Silex.
- Exemple 1 : http://nom.de.domaine.com/
- Exemple 2 : http://nom.de.domaine.com/nom-du-répertoire-contenant-le-silex-serveur/
Look at :