For fans of Apple
To use SILEX on a Mac, you must install a web server making sure you have PHP5 installed, which is necessary for the proper performance of your server Silex.
For example you can download MAMP, open source software, which contains an Apache server and supports PHP5.
Other web servers are available free online and use the same procedure.
- Download MAMP.
- Install MAMP in the Applications folder.
- Download SILEX among the different distributions available.
- Unzip the archive downloaded in step 1 using the decompression program for your operating system or, using free software such as 7-zip.
- Go to the Applications folder in MAMP, then in the htdocs folder and paste the SILEX extracted in step 4.
- Each time, start Mamp.app and click the <Démarrer serveurs> or<Start server> .
- Launch the web browser, note the local address: http://localhost:8888/ and select the folder that appears on the Silex page.
Access rights will be adjusted as necessary Silex, your credentials to the manager and editing will be requested.
- After following this procedure you can log onto the manager of Silex
Look at :