OOF, here to help !
OOF group together dynamic and open source Flash components that allow, among other things, to create interactions with data bases. OOF is the abbreviation for Open source Open minded Flash components.
There are several types of OOF components to create dynamic functionnalities in Silex :
- the lists and menus : creation of dynamic menus without putting an icon
- the connectors : display of RSS feed content, slideshows with Flickr…
- the displays : creation of image, video slideshows
- forms and back-office : establish forms with mail sending, users registrations
The customization of OOF components is possible in Flash and more particularly for the lists which have useful graphical elements as browsing buttons.
Where to find the sources ?
If you want to change your OOF components design, you must first download the OOF Devkit on Source Forge. You will find essentially the files that can be changed in the <silex_components/> folder of the OOF devkit, but also in the <fla/> folder.
The buttons, the <following> and <previous> items that are for example in the <PlayListUi.fla> file, can be changed. For that, open the <ressources> of the Flash library, then select the <defaultCellRendererBg> button and customize it.
You can skin the scrollbar of a list as the one presents in the <ListUi.fla> file. In the Flash library, open the <ressources> folder and select the <circle button – next> button to customize it on the stage. This change will applies on the three other buttons on the stage.
Where to publish the OOF components ?
To work in Silex, the OOF components must absolutely have a .cmp.swf extension. To appear in the Silex library, the OOF files are published or exported in the <media/> folder of your server.
Look at :
- Edit your Flash creations
- Flash components
- Layer skin
- Sequences and loading orders
- Silex API and configuration files
- Silex’s tools
- Adding an Embedded Font To Silex
To know more :