We all understand the power, reach and potential of Haxe as a language and a development platform. Clearly communicating these strengths to your organisation and clients is vital to the growth and success of the platform. To the ears of decision makers, Haxe sounds like risk. Just another “write once, run anywhere” pipe dream they’ve never heard of that will cost them time and money. As ambassadors to this new world we take on the responsibility of first contact – introducing, educating and convincing them on the strengths and weaknesses of Haxe. Showing them the light.
Dominic de Lorenzo – Product Manager for UI Technologies at Massive Interactive
Dominic has over 10 years industry experience combining user centric interaction design principles with various rich internet technologies across desktop, IPTV, inflight entertainment, mobile and embedded devices. For the last 2 years he has been responsible for developing and commercialising the cross platform Massivision UI Framework (written in Haxe of course), and selling in the virtues of Haxe to numerous high profile telcos, media organisations, broadcasters and communications companies around the world. Dominic is also a major contributor to several open source Haxe projects including MassiveUnit (unit testing) and MassiveCover (code coverage).
David Peek – UI Engineering Architect at Massive Interactive
Here are the other videos of the WWX :
- AWE6 by Rob Fell
- NME vs the World by Philippe Elsass
- HXCPP – Haxe girt by C++ by Hugh Sanderson
- Haxe 3 and 4 – Plans for World Domination by Nicolas Cannasse
- Haxe/Java and Haxe/C#: Practical examples and implementation details by Cauê Waneck
- Cocktail v1.0 Sunrise, cross platform UIs with haXe by Alex Hoyau & Yannick Dominguez
- Vector Graphics in the browser with Haxe by Franco Ponticelli
- Multiplatform productivity tool with Haxe by Peter Halacsy
- Getting pragmatic developers started with Haxe by Robert Bak
- Haxe macros : meta-programming done right by Juraj Kirchheim
- Britzpetermann & Haxe by Nico Zimmermann
More presentations by David & Dominic here.