This plugin adds the possiblity to generate SEO (Search Engine Optimization) informations for a silex site in some specific cases.
Normal cases are already taken care of by Silex.
It is specifically designed for these cases:
- when different pages (or deeplinks) share the same layer (useful for multiple languages contexts).
- when dynamic content is used. In that case the seo plugin should be run regularly.
- accessors resolving
- Oof selector children resolving and parsing
Silex natively takes care of the following cases, when you are saving the layers via the Wysiwyg:
- only one deeplink is used per layer
- html compatible components (text, images, label buttons…)
Example provided !!!
This plugin is provided with an example publication named “test_seo_plugin” so you can easily try this functionality.
To install this plugin on a silex server, use the manager’s plugin installer (exchange platform), or copy the plugin folder in the silex_server/plugins folder.
This plugin has to be activated at publication level.
Specific publication activation:
In the server’s manager go to “Manage”, click on the publication on which the plugin should be activated, then click on “Plugins > Activate a plugin”, and finally click on the plugin icon and then on “confirm”.
To generate seo information for all layers of the publication:
-In the server’s manager go to “Manage”, click on the publication for which the seo should be generated, then click on “Generate Seo”.
-The plugin will update the /silex_server/contents/site_id/*.seodata.xml files contents.
-As a result, the sitemap of the site (accessible here: /silex_server/sitemap.php?id_site=site_id) will be updated.
It can be useful to check the sitemap before and after running the SEO generation process.
The snapshot plugin folder contains several files:
- contains the php needed to load the plugin.
- contains the PHP seo project generated with Haxe
- contains the translations files
They can be found on following subversion repository: https://silex.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/silex/apps/third-party/plugins/seo/src